[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server] - Implementing a non-flat deployment for Weld Integration

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 3 10:10:07 EDT 2010

Flavia Rainone [http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Implementing a non-flat deployment for Weld Integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546050#546050

> Ales Justin wrote:
>
> > Now, the main question that I have is how to create the Archives for the jars in the lib dir? And how to have those jars scanned for XML files?
> We could do it per invocation.
> e.g. (pseudo code)
>
> Class<?> beanClass = ...; // parameter from Deployment::loadBeanDeploymentArchive
> BDA bda = getBDA(beanClass);
> *if* (bda == *null*)
> {
>    URL jarURL = getJarURL(beanClass);
>    URL beansXML = getBeansXML(jarURL);
>    *if* (beansXML == *null*)
>       *return* *null*;
>
>    // TODO ... some sort of simple embedded Weld scanning mechanism
> }

I thought we should provide a Deployment/BDA structure for Weld on AS startup, for all jars in the lib that contain the beans.xml file? Just like we do for all archives that are deployed.

And, then, in a latter moment, if Weld requests for a class that lies in a lib jar that lacks the bean.xml, yes, we should look for the lib jar and create the BDA accordingly?

> Ales Justin wrote:
>

> Since I guess we don't to do much for those jars; e.g. they should not have JEE components?
+1

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2116]