[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - WEB-INF/lib remains empty after deployment

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 8 08:42:34 EDT 2010

henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] replied to the discussion

"WEB-INF/lib remains empty after deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546754#546754

> Max Andersen wrote:
>
> Check the updatesite  :)

Great that it has been released!

Unfortunately, I have some bad news. This update didn't seem to have fixed this particular problem  :(

On Ubuntu 10.04, running Eclipse 3.5.2 with JBoss tools 3.1.0GA, I entered the following URL in P2:  http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-3.1.1.GA http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-3.1.1.GA

I got the message: "Your original request has been modified.
 "JBossAS Tools" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.", I selected ok, restarted Eclipse and afterwards started JBoss AS via the Jboss tools server adapter.

On the first boot, I got a deployment error again, and when I inspected the deployment on my fs, WEB-INF/lib was empty again. I then performed the well known trick: close projects, open projects, select clean on the server adapter. After this the libs were back.

Thinking it might be stale state remaining from the JBoss tools 3.1.0GA install, I closed Eclipse. Started Eclipse again and thereafter started JBoss AS again. To my horror, the same deployment error was reported and upon inspecting the fs again, the libs were once again gone  :(  I double checked that I'm running the correct version of Jboss Tools, but Eclipse really says "Version: 2.1.1.v201006011046R-H111-GA", which should be the right one, shouldn't it?

I will also test this on my most sensitive machine (the OS X one) and report back later how this went.