[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - foreach activity

Walter Seymore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 9 03:34:26 EDT 2010

Walter Seymore [http://community.jboss.org/people/WalterJS] replied to the discussion

"foreach activity"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546964#546964

Hi Alejandro,

> Alejandro Guizar wrote:
>
> The *expr* attribute in the transition that leaves from *foreach* is not a completion condition. It is more of a +creation+ condition. If the condition is not met for a particular element of the collection, the child execution that would correspond to that element is not created.
> In JBPM-2414 you suggested a completion condition be added to *join*. As Maciej noted, this is already provided by the   http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#concurrency multiplicity attribute. As part of his work on  https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-2720 JBPM-2720 he made multiplicity accept expressions in addition to literal numbers.

I also thought the expression was a completion condition. Are you saying that the multiplicity attribute can be used in the same way? Let's say a rule execution determines that it should complete, would it be possible to write a multiplicity expression like this (pseudo code) "#{rule.result ? numberCompleted : items.size}"?

Thanks
Walter

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]