[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services CXF] - XTS tests broken in AS trunk after switch to CXF stack in 3.3.0

Andrew Dinn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 9 04:04:53 EDT 2010

Andrew Dinn [http://community.jboss.org/people/adinn] replied to the discussion

"XTS tests broken in AS trunk after switch to CXF stack in 3.3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546977#546977

> Richard Opalka wrote:
>
> Is it true Andrew it was tested with cxf 2.2.5?
> If yes, could you create a JIRA and provide a
> simple test case to reproduce that problem?
Well, I ran this on AS trunk which uses JBossWS 3..3.0. The release notes for 3.3.0 state that it is based on CXF 2.2.8.

These tests worked fine on hudson running on AS trunk up to 31 May. After that the hudson build started failing. I believe this coincided with the installation of 3.3.0 into AS trunk and the consequent switch to use CXF as the WS stack. Now it may be that the tests also fail on an older JBossWS-CXF -- I don't know about that for sure. But they certainly fail now on 3.3.0-CXF.

The error seems obvious and simple to me:

when creating the reply message CXF processes the @Action{output=XXX} annotation and installs the extension attribute
*  [key=JAXWSAConstants.WSA_ACTION_QNAME, value = XXX] in the msginfo.

when aggregating the reply MAP values CXF looks up the action in the msginfo using keys
* JAXWSAConstants.WSAW_ACTION_QNAME,
* Names.WSA_NAMESPACE_WSDL_METADATA+Names.WSAW_ACTION_NAME
*  Names.WSA_NAMESPACE_WSDL_NAME_OLD+Names.WSAW_ACTION_NAME

none of these match the key it used to install the property but it clearly expects that one of them must match.

Now, it looks to me like the check  is either using the wrong key (miscoded JAXWSAConstants.WSAW_ACTION_QNAME for JAXWSAConstants.WSA_ACTION_QNAME) or else has omitted to also check for th installed key. I guess it is remotely possible that this check is only supposed to find actions installed using the 3 keys it actually tries. However,  in that case i) it needs to guard against null and ii) something else later on ought to be looking for the action using the installed key. I find it hard to believe that this is actually the case.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services CXF at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2046]