[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - @Service loading resource file fails

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 10 08:49:05 EDT 2010

jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] replied to the discussion

"@Service loading resource file fails"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547355#547355

Which version of JBoss AS is this? @Service is deprecated starting AS-6.0.0.M3 since we now have EJB3.1 @Singleton implemented in this version.

> manager = new DefaultCacheManager("mycache.xml");
> cache = manager.getCache("testCache");
>

> It fails on the startup of the application, it can't find the mycache.xml files.
> I have tried also with different paths like resources/mycache.xml and /mycache.xml
>

> The fact is that *properties files are loaded correctly with resources/file.properties but those are loaded after the application has been deployed.

It all depends on where the DefaultCacheManager looks for the file. I guess it looks for the file in the classpath. So where exactly in the .jar (or .ear) is that file located. The path you posted looks more like the path in your source rather than in the binary .jar/.ear.

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]