[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - WEB-INF/lib remains empty after deployment

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 10 17:58:05 EDT 2010

henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] replied to the discussion

"WEB-INF/lib remains empty after deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547453#547453

> Max Andersen wrote:
>
> Thanks for following up - let us know how it goes and reopen or create a new issue linking to the original one if you can reproduce.

Well, good news this time  :)

I finally upgraded the sensitive machine (the OS X one) to JBoss tools 3.1.1, and this time right after the restart I first removed my project from the server runtime, then hit clean (so I would actually be removed), restarted Eclipse, added the deployment, hit publish and started up JBoss AS. The libs were there. This is a sure win already.

Then the big test. I stopped JBoss AS via the server runtime, quitted Eclipse and started Eclipse again. The server run-time showed as status "stopped". I then clicked "debug" on its context menu and among others it said it was 're-publishing'. Since my machine is rather slow and the project is rather big, this took some time. When the re-publish finally finished, the server started. I checked the deployment on my fs, and the libs were actually still there! I hope they stay there, but this is a 100% improvement, since before the libs were never ever there after a fresh start of Eclipse and starting JBoss AS.

More good news is that the Ubuntu 10.04 machine, that initially showed the problem right after installing JBoss tools 3.1.1 now seems to behave alright too. Perhaps it was just an initial glitch because the project was still deployed when I upgraded, I'm not sure. I've stopped Eclipse and started Eclipse since then and the libs remain where they are.

It's a tiny bit of a nuisance that Eclipse now does this republishing thing after a restart of Eclipse, while in fact this should maybe not be necessary since nothing has changed, but this is really minor and only really noticeable on my slow OS X machine anyway.

I'll try to do some more explicit testing later but for now anything seems well. Thanks a lot for all your efforts!