[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portlet Preferences and serveResource method

Bruno Vernay do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 14 09:52:54 EDT 2010

Bruno Vernay [http://community.jboss.org/people/BrunoVernay] replied to the discussion

"Portlet Preferences and serveResource method"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547807#547807

Hello,

It looks like I have the same issue using GateIn 3.0 (Tomcat)  or  GateIn 3.1cr1 (JBoss)

I stepped through the code and when the store() method is called my new preference is removed from the updates but not added to the permanent preferences.

Also there is this sentence "The store method can only be invoked within the scope of a processAction call." in  http://portals.apache.org/pluto/portlet-api/apidocs/javax/portlet/PortletPreferences.html#store() http://portals.apache.org/pluto/portlet-api/apidocs/javax/portlet/PortletPreferences.html#store()
But in practice, it sounds logical that it should work: "... you can make some state changes in the serveResource call: Change the portlet preferences ..."  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0803_hepper/0803_hepper.html#N10186 http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0803_hepper/0803_hepper.html#N10186  and it works in Liferay 6.

Did I miss something ?  What is the status on this ??

Regards
Bruno

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]