[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] - Looking up no-interface views

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 14 12:25:03 EDT 2010

jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] replied to the discussion

"Looking up no-interface views"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547855#547855

Hi Marius,
> Marius Bogoevici wrote:
>
>  My only concern is the functionality gap between Weld-int and EJB3.1 in JBAS - i.e. developers can create no-interface views but then they cannot inject them, which gives way to the perception that "EJB injection doesn't work in CDI". If we can close the gap by M4, it would be great - so that's the main reason why this would be a "very good thing to have".
Yes, that would lead to obvious user deployment issues. And having that working would be certainly be a very good thing. Given the current priorities for EJB3.1 with AS 6.0 M4, I am not really sure when I'll be able to look into this, but I promise to spend time on this whenever I get some.

> Marius Bogoevici wrote:
>
>  Btw, how do you plan on dealing with this? Supply the bean class as the "interface" of the EJB reference ?

Yes, that's the plan right now.

I'll update this thread once I am something ready around this.

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2030]