[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Questions about transactions in jBPM 4.3

Rachel Hodos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 14 17:32:52 EDT 2010

Rachel Hodos [http://community.jboss.org/people/rhodos] replied to the discussion

"Questions about transactions in jBPM 4.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547933#547933

HuiSheng,

Thanks for your response.  I am still a bit confused, though.

What do you mean when you say that "the JobExecutor will start individual transactions to handle these jobs"?  Does a separate transaction mean that the information will be stored in a separate location?

Also, are you saying that every activity with an async continuation is executed in its own thread?  If so, is there any chance of activities being executed out of order?  In other words, in a pd: A-B-C (all async), could B start before A finishes?  I've tested this and the answer seems to be 'no,' but I just want to be sure that this could never happen.

Thanks again,
Rachel