[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - ZipException during war file deploy JBoss 5.1.

Alex Remily do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 16 21:56:00 EDT 2010

Alex Remily [http://community.jboss.org/people/aremily] replied to the discussion

"ZipException during war file deploy JBoss 5.1."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548392#548392

Thanks for your quick reply.  I'm using the Seam Web Project wizard.  The file exists, and appears to be fully copied, although I did not hash it.  It is attached for your reference.

As I've continued to experiment with different project settings and target environments (Tomcat 6, JBoss 4, JBoss 5), I've managed to move beyond the zip error.  I'm not sure why, but simply by selecting different configuration settings in the project wizard the exception vanishes.  I can't yet describe with any confidence how to recreate the error.  I'm in the early stages of evaluating the Seam/Maven/JBoss/Eclipse integration with an eye toward possibly adopting the combination at the office.  If the issue arises again when I'm more familiar with the tool, I'll repost.

One consistent quirk with the Seam Web Project wizard when enabling Maven integration is the failure of the project builder to inject the path to the parent pom in the base project pom.  The user is required to manually input the path to the parent pom before being able to run a build.  Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have the settings in place.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Alex