[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] - Unexpected behaviour when binding to java:comp and @Startup beans

Marius Bogoevici do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 17 12:54:26 EDT 2010

Marius Bogoevici [http://community.jboss.org/people/marius.bogoevici] replied to the discussion

"Unexpected behaviour when binding to java:comp and @Startup beans"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548568#548568

Yes, that's what puzzles me.

I'll try to think of a way to reproduce the issue per se - the problem becomes obvious with the Weld JNDI Binding.

Meanwhile, here is a very simple example which does not quite reproduce the issue, but helps explaining what I mean.

while postconstructing the ejb, we're looking for java:comp - now if you're looking at ComponentObjectFactory, you can see that CurrentComponent.get() returns null, so the application is using the legacy branch. A "java:comp" is found during lookup, but for some reason, it does not seem to be the same as the one accessed via JavaEEComponent.getContext().

So, thanks Jaikiran for looking into this, and please let me know what you think.

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2030]