[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Installing JBossWS Native on JBAS 5.1.0

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 18 02:47:56 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Installing JBossWS Native on JBAS 5.1.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548638#548638

Sorry, as I said previously, that's not possible. Let's forget for now that we'd have to provide 3 (stacks) * 3 (supported target containers) = 9 additional zips for each release; depending on the jbossws and application server versions, there're some files that are just to be delated, not replaced. So, again, just expanding a zip is not going to work. We provide an installation script (which can be run with just 2 commands) because there's need for that.
Just as an example, installing 3.3.1 on AS 5.1.0 implies removing the following files:

client: jbossws-jboss50.jar
client: jbossws-native-jaxrpc.jar
client: jbossws-native-jaxws.jar
client: jbossws-native-saaj.jar
common/lib: jbossws-native-jaxrpc.jar
common/lib: jbossws-native-jaxws.jar
common/lib: jbossws-native-saaj.jar
server/default/deploy: jbossws.sar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: FastInfoset.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: jboss-jaxb-intros.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: jbossws-common.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: jbossws-framework.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: jbossws-jboss50.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: jbossws-native-core.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: jettison.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer/META-INF: jboss-beans.xml
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer/META-INF: jbossws-deployer-jboss-beans.xml
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer/META-INF: standard-jaxrpc-client-config.xml
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer/META-INF: standard-jaxrpc-endpoint-config.xml
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer/META-INF: standard-jaxws-client-config.xml
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer/META-INF: standard-jaxws-endpoint-config.xml
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: policy.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: wsdl4j.jar
server/default/deployers/jbossws.deployer: xmlsec.jar

In case you're going to ask me why the files above need to be removed, as an example the jbossws-native-jaxrpc, jbossws-native-jaxws and jbossws-native-saaj jars do not exist anymore in JBWS 3.3.x, so leaving those there would basically break the installation.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]