[jboss-user] [jBPM] - The external Trigger makes the transition from subprocess node to the next node while subprocess is active.

Felix Jose do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 21 01:33:29 EDT 2010

Felix Jose [http://community.jboss.org/people/FelixKJose] replied to the discussion

"The external Trigger makes the transition from subprocess node to the next node while subprocess is active."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548919#548919

Hi Maceij,

Thank you for your reply. The JBPM-2874,  the test case "testSubProcessWithStateFailure" is making the transition from the subprocess node to the next node using the main process instance id while the subprocess is in "wait" state. And then checking the process stateagainst the subprocess state. And my doubt is why the JBPM is not throwing any exception? Because
1. The sub process is in active state(wait state).

2. The main process is not making the transition over the sub process nodes.

So whether only a state check will do the solution or make a change in the implementation class of executionService's "signalExecutionById" method to check the subprocess instance is active or not and throw an exception saying the "Invalid transition. Subprocess [subprocess id =<Sub 19>] is active." while the sub process is active.
And should not able to transition from sub process node to next node.

Please let me know about your thoughts on the same.

By using ExecutionImpl I am getting the subprocess Id and using that I am able to transition through the subprocess nodes.

ExecutionImpl subExecutionImpl = executionImpl.getSubProcessInstance();
Because by using the ExecutionImpl I can get the subprocessId and main processId. But when I am doing a transition (

+executionService.signalExecutionById(executionImpl.getId())+

 from subprocess node to the next node, it is happening successfully, while the subprocess is active(wait). This is not the intended output.
My expected result in this case is "throw an exception saying the "Invalid transition. Subprocess [subprocess id =<Sub 19>] is active."

Please give me a reply regarding this as soon as possible.

Thank You and Regards,
Felix K Jose

 +executionService+.signalExecutionById(subExecutionImpl.getId());

But please let me know how the ExecutionImpl will do the workaround?