[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Join jBPM with Domain data

Fabio Spiga do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 21 07:15:45 EDT 2010

Fabio Spiga [http://community.jboss.org/people/Spiga] created the discussion

"Join jBPM with Domain data"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548949#548949

Hello,
I have a performance problem that seems to be quite standard.
In my web-app, the domain data are for example DOCUMENTS.
Each Document is bound to a jBPM instance.
Both the domain and the jBPM tables are in the same database.

When I list the personal tasks for a user, I would like to see in the same table both the domain data for the Document (type, referrer, size, ...) and the jBPM data (taskname, task priority, jbpm_ID, ...)

So far, the only way I found to obtain these information is:
1) to call findPersonalTasks() from jBPM API
2) loop the Collection returned and, for each Task, call another query to get domain data about the Document related
(or viceversa)

This way is very heavy, is there a way to get these information by a single query?
Or I have to change my data structure?

Thanks,
Fabio