[jboss-user] [jBPM] - in jBPM 4.3, can a state node's handler choose its outgoing transition?

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 24 13:48:26 EDT 2010

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] replied to the discussion

"in jBPM 4.3, can a state node's handler choose its outgoing transition?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549553#549553

To me it looks like perfect scenario for custom activity. First you put your custom activity into wait state (implement execute method) next you can signal it (same way as for regular wait activity) and within signal method you could decide what transition to take.

Please have a look at user guide for details about custom activity:  http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#custom http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#custom

In general, event listeners should not affect the flow of the process - in my opinion.

HTH