[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] - VFS3 and symlinks

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 25 11:44:36 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] replied to the discussion

"VFS3 and symlinks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549725#549725

> I just noticed that I did not install jboss-vfs.jar in version 2.2.0.GA but instead I've installed version 2.2.0.M4 from the official Maven repository ( http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/jboss-vfs/2.2.0.M4/ http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/jboss-vfs/2.2.0.M4/). Then I found out that version 2.2.0.GA can be found at  http://repository.jboss.org/maven2-brew/org/jboss/jboss-vfs/2.2.0.GA/ http://repository.jboss.org/maven2-brew/org/jboss/jboss-vfs/2.2.0.GA/ (I hope this is the correct location). Just wondering why it's not in the official maven2 location.
This is the old JBoss mvn repo.
That version is in new Nexus repo:
*  https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;public-jboss https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;public-jboss
> Reading this thread it looks to me that some people seem to be concerned about possible performance drop when using/enforcing canonical names. Is this likely to be a real issue or just a small impact?
It's an additional step in path lookup, which you always have to do -- force the path to its canonical version.
Dunno how fast this op is in underlying OS.
> Personally I think it will not be a big issue at runtime. Maybe a small impact during startup and deployment when canonical paths of the files need to be looked up. But after deployment there should not be much canonical path lookups required.
Exactly. ;-)
> Or are there any benchmarks done with or without this option being enabled?
I would be great if you could post some stuff, as it seems you're on top of it. :-)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2115]