[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] - VFS3 and symlinks

Rainer Meier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 25 17:39:28 EDT 2010

Rainer Meier [http://community.jboss.org/people/SkyBeam] replied to the discussion

"VFS3 and symlinks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549768#549768

> This is the old JBoss mvn repo.
>
> That version is in new Nexus  repo:
>
> *  https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;public-jboss https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#view-repositories;public-jboss

This is good to know. I am using Nexus as well. Great tool. I will make sure it's proxying the official nexus repository.

> I would be great if you could post some stuff, as it seems you're on top  of it.  :)

Well, I am quite new to JBoss development. Actually I could do some tests but maybe you can drop me some hints how to perform a load test (any how-to?). Currently I am deploying an application which includes only 3 EAR files and a total size of 50MB with arount 100 jar files included. Running JBoss in "all" configuration takes about 2:30 to start up on this machine (SunFire 4170) and I even think I will not be able to measure any difference in startup time either with or without canonical paths enforced. So I would need some stresstest which shows some significant difference.

To be sure I will measure startup time with enforced and without enforcing canonical paths.

But if there is no typical scenario where canonical paths show significant slow-down I wonder why it's not enabled by default. Maybe it could be switched off on systems which do not have symlinks or where it's very uncommon to use symlinks (Windows?).

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2115]