[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "JBoss (5.0.0 EAP) RAR contained in EAR no longer deployed before EJB Jars"

Shane McEneaney do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 1 10:17:12 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss (5.0.0 EAP) RAR contained in EAR no longer deployed before EJB Jars":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529147#529147

Author  : Shane McEneaney
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/smceneaney

Message:
I have an EAR containing EJB JARs and three RARs. In JBoss 4.2.3 the deployment order was RARs followed by EJB JARs. This is a requirement as some of the MDBs and EJBs depend on the ResourceAdapters contained in the RARs.

In JBoss 5 the deployment order has changed. The EJB JARs are deployed first and then subsequently the RARs. I have attempted using strict module deployment ordering but this no longer works. In addition, I have added @Depends annotations to my MDBs but this does not work either.

If I disable my MDBs and allow JBoss to start without them I can see all of the the EJBs and MDBs in my application being deployed followed by my ResourceAdapters.

*Is there any way to force JBoss to deploy an EJB Jar after all RARs as in JBoss 4.2.3?*