[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] New message: "Key for ProcessInstance cannot be changed during execution because of HashCode implementation"

Robert Schmelzer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 1 11:22:50 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Key for ProcessInstance cannot be changed during execution because of HashCode implementation":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529153#529153

Author  : Robert Schmelzer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/roschmel

Message:
Hi,

i just upgraded from 3.2.3 to 3.2.8 and had the problem, that my process variables was not found anymore. After some debugging, I found out that the HashCode of my root token changed during execution because I set the ProcessInstance.key property during process execution as soon as I know my unique business key. The changes hashcode and equals for ProcessInstance and therefore also for Token.

I think this is a major bug! At least it changes the behavoiur of existing processes. What do you think?