[jboss-user] [JCA Development] New message: "Re: Standalone JCA: JNDI binding for multiple connection factories..."

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 1 22:05:06 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Standalone JCA: JNDI binding for multiple connection factories...":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529252#529252

Author  : Jesper Pedersen
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen

Message:
I see 3 ways of defining the JNDI name for CFs and AOs:

1. Container: The container defines the name - user-friendly - based on the strategy used
2. Static: JNDI binding names are defined in metadata - f.ex. jboss-ra.xml
3. "Dynamic": JNDI binding names are defined external to the resource adapter - f.ex. in a -ds.xml file

We have to define an interface for the JNDI binding strategy for the container part - as we will most likely use different strategies based on the environment we are running in - standalone, embedded and inside AS.

The best solution would be to have a "static" unique JNDI name defined for each connection factory and admin object - which the strategy then just links to.

But lets start with the most common case, and most user-friendly: container defined, and only one connection factory and one admin object. Then we can go from there.