[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: How to create a graphical collection of already defined tasks?"

Falko Menge do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 2 13:15:15 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to create a graphical collection of already defined tasks?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529439#529439

Author  : Falko Menge
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/falko.menge

Message:
Hi Rob,

I forgot to mention, that if your set of set of custom stencils is rather static, you may also skip the all dynamic generation I talked about and just create a stencilset extension manually (or even modify the jBPM stencilset).

Maybe have a look at the existing http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/source/browse/trunk#trunk/editor/data/stencilsets and http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/source/browse/trunk#trunk/editor/data/stencilsets/extensions, which are defined through simple JSON files in combination with SVG and PNG files for the graphical representation. In fact, the http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/source/browse/trunk/editor/data/stencilsets/extensions/jbpm/jbpm.json is also just an extension to the http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/source/browse/trunk/editor/data/stencilsets/bpmn1.1/bpmn1.1.json of Oryx.

The key idea, which will make the jPDL export work for your custom stencils, is to set their 'superId' property to one of the existing elements in the jBPM stencilset, e.g., 'java' for the Java activity.

The following pages of the Oryx wiki may also be of help for understanding the concepts:http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/wiki/HowToCreateStencilSet
http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/wiki/StencilSetPerspectives
http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/wiki/StencilSetExtension

Greetings from Berlin,