[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: one data source with multiple database users"

null null do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 2 18:57:30 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "one data source with multiple database users":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529507#529507

Author  : null null
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/deanhiller

Message:
what version of jboss are you using?  I am using 5.1.  I inserted log4jdbc so I can see the connection logs.  I did a request from the first war which grabbed the 5th connection from the pool and then did a request from the second war and it grabbed the 5th connection as well.  It is a pool after all.

Anyone know how to switch the user on the db connection?  We would prefer to automate it so when our first war gets it, the user firstwarUser is used and when our second war gets it, secWarUser is used on the connection so we can track which apps where doing bad things they should not be doing(and the dbas would like to lock down the database per app which means we need a user per app).  Any ideas how to do this?

thanks,
Dean