[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: ClassLoadingAdmin"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 4 08:38:50 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "ClassLoadingAdmin":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529915#529915

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:
> From a gui select the application located at some repository to download/install into the framework.
> An application consists of potentially very many bundles.
> Try run the resolver using the application metadata.
> Only when the application can be resolved in the running framework, do the install.
>
> The worst case, which must be avoided is a partial install that fails and leaves the framework in a state where random bits are installed/resolved that cannot easily been uninstalled. Essentially, the resolve step for a set of bundles must be atomic.
This sounds more like a job for ProfileService.
As it's the only one that knows which deployments/repositories exist that could potentially resolve this -- aka dry resolve.
MC's mechanism should only know to say true or false if a particular set of ControllerContexts can be resolved.

Although I don't see how we could do dry resolve atm != deploy+undeploy if not complete.