[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Strategy for assigning subprocess execution ID"

Sasa Mitrovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 5 02:56:10 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Strategy for assigning subprocess execution ID":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530095#530095

Author  : Sasa Mitrovic
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/letstalk

Message:
Hi Al, I've tried getId() first but it didn't work for my case where subprocess reached timer activity. In this case processInstance.getParent().getId() returns the parent execution which is the execution of the subprocess and it is in the inactive-scope state. This execution, in turn, returns null for parent execution id which is strange, isn't it?

Besides, that's only a part of the problem, my goal is to have all child execution reference the original order id and your second suggestion might just do the trick. I'll try that, thanks a lot!