[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "[Q v4.3] Newbie with Question on Variables"

Ken Hoying do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 5 09:24:13 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "[Q v4.3] Newbie with Question on Variables":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530177#530177

Author  : Ken Hoying
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/khoying

Message:
I am having a little trouble in understanding how variables work and are supposed to be used.  Does anyone know where I can find a good reference on this?  I did not find the information provided in the user or developer guide informative enough.

Specifically, I am trying to determine how to pass a business object that is not serializable to a java task.  We are embedding jBPM in our existing web application and use Spring to manage our business objects.  These objects are not serializable.  At certain point in my process flow, I would like to execute some business methods.  However, I am not sure what would be the best practice on how to do this.  I tried to pass the business object as a variable when signaling execution, but caused an error that I am guessing is due to the business object not being serializable.

I am sure that I am probably going about this all the worng way, but any guidance and best practices that people can offer as I start to get a better handle on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Ken