[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: HistoryService"

Paolo F do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 8 05:58:59 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "HistoryService":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530488#530488

Author  : Paolo F
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/emp.tyres

Message:
For the record, I found the issue, largely thanks to Maciej's suggestion of looking at the hibernate log, which pointed me in the right direction (tables OK, nothing logged).

I apparently had carried over a jbpm.default.cfg.xml file from an older (4.0?) version, and that version did NOT have the following lines:

    <history-sessions>
      <object class="org.jbpm.pvm.internal.history.HistorySessionImpl" />
    </history-sessions>

This apparently (correctly) causes all calls to the history service to succeed, without anything getting recorded. So, for anyone out there, if you find yourself with getHistoryService().createHistoryProcessInstanceQuery().list() or getHistoryService().createHistoryActivityInstanceQuery().list() returning zero results, I suggest you check your jbpm.default.cfg.xml file.

Bye,

Emp