[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] New message: "Re: Cannot get AOP to run in webapp"

Dennis Kuehn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 8 10:54:42 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Cannot get AOP to run in webapp":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530576#530576

Author  : Dennis Kuehn
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mwx.dennis

Message:
Got it!
Finally found some hints concerning logging. I wonder why this is not linked from the JBoss AOP documentation?
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossaop/freezone/docs/2.0.0.GA/docs/aspect-framework/examples/logging/logging.html

The javassist.CannotCompileException was thrown because there is another JBoss jar (jbossall-client-4.2.2.GA.jar) in the instrumented webapp's classpath which also contains (older) AOP classes, including org.jboss.aop.Domain. For some reason javassist uses these classes.

IMHO this is weird because I had expected that starting Tomcat with this switch: -javaagent:jboss-aop-single.jar
should cause the AOP classes from jboss-aop-single.jar to be used by javassist.

How can I get this to work without deleting the org.jboss.aop package from the jbossall-client jar?