[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: jBPM 4.3 and business rules/Drools integration"

Patricia B do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 8 23:44:06 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "jBPM 4.3 and business rules/Drools integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530675#530675

Author  : Patricia B
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/patriciab

Message:
Thanks for your answer.

1) I can see the reason for bundling process definition and business rules together. But for the application that I am working on, I need the concept of global business rules, that are used by multiple process flow definitions and process definition versions. These global rules also should be retrieved from repository and allow business users to modify them at runtime. So, the solution that would work, is that the workflow engine takes care of process definition management and versioning, and the business rule engine takes care of the rule files management and versioning. The developer will take care of associating the business rule with the process definition that is using when defining the process definition. It may not be the best approach, and it may left out other use cases, but it makes more sense in my case.

My initial question was more whether there is any plan for the future releases to make this more flexible. I'll be thinking about your advice on contributing, if I make it working .