[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: jBPM 4.3 and business rules/Drools integration"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 9 02:07:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "jBPM 4.3 and business rules/Drools integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530687#530687

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
Patricia,

> The developer will take care of associating the business rule with the
> process definition that is using when defining the process definition.

Is where I've seen things go wrong, but I understand your usecase. Luckily jBPM is very flexible and you can write some small java code that remotely calls a rules-engine and take the return value to decide which transition to take. Should not be that difficult. You can pass rule file names etc to this class from the processdefinition.

Cheers,

Ronald