[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Calling a stateless EJB from a Service POJO"

Anu ForWork do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 9 15:23:04 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Calling a stateless EJB from a Service POJO":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530876#530876

Author  : Anu ForWork
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/anuforwork

Message:
I have a service POJO (http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossejb3/freezone/docs/tutorial/1.0.7/html/Service_POJOs.html) and I want to access a stateless EJB from the start() or create() method of this Service POJO.

If I try to call the stateless EJB from within the Service POJO, I get an NamingNotFound exception. I understand that my stateless EJB will not yet be bound before my Service POJO start method is called.

My question is: Is it possible to call a stateless EJB from a service POJO?

(I'm using EJB3 + JBoss6)