[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Sharing an MDB class between multiple ejb jars"

Emjay Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 10 00:46:50 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Sharing an MDB class between multiple ejb jars":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530931#530931

Author  : Emjay Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mjkhan21

Message:
Hello, all.

I want to share an MDB class between 2 ejb jars.

Specifically, I have an MDB class, say QListener.class,
and it handles messages arriving on the 'queue/app0-job' destination.
It is packaged and deployed in the app0-ejb.jar file,
and it works nicely.

A while later, I decide to reuse the MDB class for another application
and have it listen to the 'queue/app1-job' destination.
The application is deployed in the app1-ejb.jar file.

app0-ejb and app1-ejb are supposed to be deployed together on a JBoss.

Can I do this?

The MDB and other EJBs are written in EJB3
and the JBoss is 4.2.2.

Any adivce would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.