[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: howto setup jpa using oracle 10g unicode nvarchar2"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 10 03:43:16 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "howto setup jpa using oracle 10g unicode nvarchar2":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530981#530981

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
A couple of other options you could try:

1) Try setting this in the -ds.xml:

<connection-property name = "oracle.jdbc.defaultNChar">true</connection-property>

I am not sure whether that will work (I have seen some other users complain that it doesn't work)

2) Pass the oracle.jdbc.defaultNChar as a Java System property through your run.conf (or run.bat for Windows)

-Doracle.jdbc.defaultNChar=true

Add that to the JAVA_OPTS section

P.S: Make sure that you are using the correct Oracle JDBC driver version. From what found in a google search, Oracle 10 driver is required for this property to be recognized.