[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Why Is .XHTML file trying to call .JSP file in Rich Faces Project?"

John Bailo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 11 18:44:19 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Why Is .XHTML file trying to call .JSP file in Rich Faces Project?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531520#531520

Author  : John Bailo
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jabailo

Message:
I am trying to build the JBoss Rich Faces tutorial described here:

h1. An Introduction To JBoss RichFaces
http://java.dzone.com/articles/an-introduction-to-jboss-richf?page=0,3

I am using the Eclipse 3.4.2 pre-configured for JBoss 4.3.2 AS server.

I am up to Page 4 of the article, by which point, I have added the +user.xhtml+ file.

I right-click to run the file, but when it deploys it says

/richfaces-start/user.jsp

The requested resource (/richfaces-start/user.jsp) is not available.

I do not define user.jsp anywhere (as per the article).

Does user.xhtml require a user.jsp?   Do I need to define this in a config?