[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: Configuring the EJB timer service"

Andrig Miller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 12 18:03:12 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Configuring the EJB timer service":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531760#531760

Author  : Andrig Miller
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/andy.miller@jboss.com

Message:
> jaikiran wrote:
>
> A quick look at the code suggests that commenting out the retry policy is going to cause errors. It expects RetryPolicy as mandatory. I don't see any NoOpRetryPolicy available. So maybe the user application has to create a NoOpRetryPolicy and configure the timer service to use this.
Well, I created a NoRetryPolicy class and MBean, patterned after the FixedDelayRetryPolicy, and it works as expected.  The issue that this brings up in my mind is that this seems to be global.  You can only have one retry policy defined.  Am I right about that?  Is there a way to make it so some timers use one retry policy and others use another?