[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: JBoss Tools 3.1 Final!"

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 13 05:08:04 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss Tools 3.1 Final!":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531801#531801

Author  : henk de boer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53

Message:
I have personally never succeeded in letting Eclipse automatically find a JBoss Tools update if the update URL has changed (say from CR1, to CR2, or from CR2 to GA).

What I do instead is just adding the new update URL in Eclipse and attempt to install the particular plug-ins I'm interested in as if I didn't have it yet. Eclipse will then notify me I already have those plug-ins and will change the install into an update to the latest version. But now I think of it, first entering the new update URL and then letting Eclipse search for updates might work too, I just have never tried it and the above way is a fast and convenient way if you only have 1 or 2 plug-ins installed.