[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: file size limit for downloading from a JBoss server?"

Jim Schumm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 13 09:29:44 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "file size limit for downloading from a JBoss server?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531812#531812

Author  : Jim Schumm
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jimsch

Message:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your question. The problem is now solved. Apologies  - I should have updated the thread but got side-tracked.

It turned out I needed to add a setting to my server.xml file in

jboss\server\default\deploy\jboss-web.deployer

The setting I needed was useSendFile="false" in
my connector.

The connector now reads

<Connector port="8080" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
maxThreads="250" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
emptySessionPath="true"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="100"
connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/css,text/xml,text/plain,application
/json,text/javascript"
compressionMinSize="300" compression="on" useSendfile="false" />

Reading this thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg51465.htmlmailto://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg51465.html
it seems that I must have been hitting the limit of my kernel memory.

I think then that setting useSendfile="false" ensures that all files, regardless of size, can be downloaded but that
files that could have already been downloaded with the default useSendfile="true" may take that little bit longer.

Best wishes,
Jim