[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: howto setup jpa using oracle 10g unicode nvarchar2"

Michael Glöckner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 15 03:58:35 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "howto setup jpa using oracle 10g unicode nvarchar2":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531916#531916

Author  : Michael Glöckner
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/michael.gloeckner

Message:
Hi Jaikiran,

thanks anyway. I found a first solution for my purposes. Im using the orm.xml file to make an attribute overwriting. This allows me to set the database dependend informations into the orm.xml file instead of make annotations directly to the string attributes in java code. The handicap of this solution is, that you have to do the overwriting for every single string attribute where you want to use nvarchar2.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<entity-mappings
  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm_1_0.xsd 1_0.xsd"
  version="1.0">

    <package>com.factory.model</package>
    <entity class="Customer" access="FIELD" metadata-complete="false">
         <attribute-override name="description">
              <column column-definition="nvarchar2(255)"/>
         </attribute-override>
    </entity>
</entity-mappings>

Cheers,