[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 15 17:56:07 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532121#532121

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:

> Do I
>
> 1) Use some.Thing's plain TypeInfo
> 2) Wrap some.Thing's plain TypeInfo with something whose only function really is "pretty-printing", of these
> a) Use a separate wrapper for T, U, V etc.
> b) Use the wildcard wrapper for them, so we end up with '? extends some.Thing' no matter if we are printing T, U or V
>
> 2b kind of seems pointless, and 2a too fine-grained, so maybe I should just go with 1?
1 seems the only logical choice.

Is this only for Javassist impl -- hence how is this handled in Introspection,
or is this missing in both impls?