[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Development] New message: "ExtraClassPoolFactoryParameters"

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 16 19:40:57 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "ExtraClassPoolFactoryParameters":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532386#532386

Author  : Flavia Rainone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone@jboss.com

Message:
As part of https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAOP-772 I've been cleaning up JBoss AOP code by removing any old classpool leftover that I can find.
During this process, I found this ExtraClassPoolFactoryParameter class. It has a warning in the javadoc telling that it should not be deleted:

/**
 * This class is used by the AS5 integration. Do not delete!!!!
 *
 * @author <a href="kabir.khan at jboss.com">Kabir Khan</a>
 * @version $Revision: 1.1 $
 */
public class ExtraClassPoolFactoryParameters

But, taking a look at the way this class is being used, it looks like there is something missing, as this is all I can find:

 public class VFSClassLoaderScopingPolicy implements AOPClassLoaderScopingPolicyWithRegistry
 {

   public void registerClassLoader(Module module, ClassLoader loader)
   {
      //Need to pass some data through to the classpoolfactory here
      Map<Object, Object> properties = new HashMap<Object, Object>();
      //The module is needed by the JBoss5ClassPoolFactory, the legacy JBossClassPoolFactory will ignore this
      properties.put(Module.class, module);
      ExtraClassPoolFactoryParameters.pushThreadProperties(properties);
      try
      {
         AspectManager.instance().registerClassLoader(loader); //Ends up in classpool factory create method
      }
      finally
      {
         ExtraClassPoolFactoryParameters.popThreadProperties();
      }
   }
}

I can't find any calls to ExtraClassPoolFactoryParameters.peekThreadProperties. Is this class really being used? Where?