[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: HornetQ RA integration"

Vicky Kak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 17 15:27:47 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "HornetQ RA integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532617#532617

Author  : Vicky Kak
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/vickyk

Message:
> jmesnil wrote:
>
> Session.recover() is used to recover message acknowledgementswhen the JMS session is not transacted. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> thanks for the clarification,
> jeff
Not sure if I understood this, it seems that Session.recovery is not the part of the jms API.
Would you explain the failure cause in details, your earlier description wasn't that clear to me?
Also you could take a look at the older implementation for some reference, since this implementation would have passed the TCK tests
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/connector/src/main/java/org/jboss/resource/adapter/jms/

AFAIR the tx enlistment will not happen if the xa specific RA if it is not used in tx context, it should not pose any issues. I don't know how the recovery() call as pointed by you is being made after the session is retrieved from the jms RA.