[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: HornetQ RA integration"

Tim Fox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 18 05:39:49 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "HornetQ RA integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532743#532743

Author  : Tim Fox
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/timfox

Message:
Thanks Vicky,

Jeff, one workaround we could do for now:

When returning the XAResource to the applpication server via getXAResource we could actually return a thin wrapper around the real XAResource, in this thin wrapper we could maintain a flag isEnlisted which keeps track of whether the XAResource has actually been used or not.

We could then only create the real XAResource and XA session when the enlistment actually occurs.

I do believe though this should be fixed in the JCA impl as a proper solution, otherwise for one thing it means JBoss JCA impl won't work with other non JBoss JCA adaptors which don't have the "hacks" in place to workaround the current JCA impl behaviour.