[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: REST interface for JBPM"

Alexei none do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 18 06:59:05 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "REST interface for JBPM":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532760#532760

Author  : Alexei none
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/Jump

Message:
By the way, I've shared code at Lounchpad

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~alexei-tarnakin/+junk/jbpm-rest/files

project is not totally portable (there are still several easy to resolve dependencies in eclipse's project files), but I gonna fix it.

So, the idea is to represent JBPM as a hypermedia. For example, I got repository service at URL http://localhost:8080/jbpm-rest/repo/ and if I wanna get available process definitions, I had to acceess URL http://localhost:8080/jbpm-rest/repo/definitions. The result will be like

<definitionList>
     <processDefinitions>
          <id>Order-1</ns2:id>
          <key>Order</ns2:key>
          <name>Order</ns2:name>
          <version>1</ns2:version>
          <suspended>false</ns2:suspended>
          <deployment ref="http://localhost:8080/jbpm-rest/repo/deployment/1"/>
     </processDefinitions>
</definitionList>

as you can see, there is a hypermedia reference to another service http://localhost:8080/jbpm-rest/repo/deployment/1 . If you try to access this URL you will get something like

<deployment>
     <id>1</ns2:id>
     <state>active</ns2:state>
     <timestamp>0</ns2:timestamp>
</deployment>

and so on. For example, task has reference to corresponding execution, execution to process definition.

Now I got 3 services (execution, repository, task) & aprox. 20 resolvable URLs. My next step will be to add remaining