[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "using telnet to GET an html file on JBoss server"

Ewan Scott do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 18 11:38:01 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "using telnet to GET an html file on JBoss server":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532838#532838

Author  : Ewan Scott
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/Ewan

Message:
JBoss Web Server

This is probably a very simple question - I’ve not used JBoss before. I’m trying to establish a connection to the JBoss server home page as part of system monitoring.

https://sbc-hrs-01:8443/index.html - this works fine through a browser.

Config info:

jboss.server.home.url  file:
/rlink/jboss-3.2.5/server/rllive/

Absolute path the the index.html file:
/rlink/jboss-3.2.5/server/rllive/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/ROOT.war/index.html

Should it  be possible to use  a “telnet sbc-hrs-01 8443” connection and with a GET command access the index.html file?
ie. GET /index.html    HTTP/1.1    (or similar).

Any help gratefully received.

Regards
Ewan