[jboss-user] [JCA] - HornetQ RA integration

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 19 10:52:24 EDT 2010

Adrian Brock [http://community.jboss.org/people/adrian%40jboss.org] replied to the discussion

"HornetQ RA integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533034#533034

> Tim Fox wrote:
>  If that's not correct, I find it odd. However our impl should work in either case now, since Jeff has created a proxy around the real XAResource which switches between a non transacted and an XA session behind the scenes depending on whether the resource has been enlisted or not.
I guess we could implement that for you with a slight tweak to the TxConnectionManager.
i.e. if you configure
<no-tx-seperate-pools/> - an old workaround for Oracle
on the tx-connection-factory we use the LocalXAResource rather than invoking getXAResource()
when the request is outside a JTA transaction at initial construction of the ManagedConnection,
regardless of whether it says <xa-transaction/>

That way you'll have two seperate pools for the different types of requests.
In one pool getXAResource() will have been invoked, in the other it won't.

Of course, other JCA implementations probably don't have that feature,
so you'll still have problems with them. ;-)

Start a new discussion in JCA at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]