[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Development] - packaging .aop using maven?

Elangovan Shanmugam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 22 07:57:55 EDT 2010

Elangovan Shanmugam [http://community.jboss.org/people/elangovans] created the discussion

"packaging .aop using maven?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533255#533255

Hi, I am new to AOP. I am planning to develop aspects and would like to use these aspects in web applications. What are options available? From my research and understanding (I could be wrong, so please correct me)...

1) Aspects are deployed on to JBoss as .aop. Is there a Maven packaging type called AOP? Please give me some pointers, how to build .aop.

2) I would have to create a *-aop.xml to define the pointcuts. Of course I can use annotations but I would like to use these aspects in multiple web applications. So I would like to use the xml file. Is that a right design?

Appreciate your help.

thanks
Elangovan S

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2028]