[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - Unable to acquire lock on Fqn error

Nicolas Gillet do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 22 08:25:33 EDT 2010

Nicolas Gillet [http://community.jboss.org/people/Ghurdyl] replied to the discussion

"Unable to acquire lock on Fqn error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533260#533260

Hello,

I allow myself to revive the topic as we have the same problem and can't find a solution.
We are using Jboss Cache 3.2.1 to store and retrive picture encapsulated in an HttpResponse.
We have this problem when trying to use JDBCCacheLoader (on a SQL Server database) instead of FileCacheLoader.

The lock configuration is as follow :

<locking
    isolationLevel="READ_COMMITTED"
    lockAcquisitionTimeout="10000"
    nodeLockingScheme="mvcc"
    writeSkewCheck="false"
    concurrencyLevel="1000" />

But few trials to change these values don't significatly affect the behaviour.

The error "+org.jboss.cache.lock.TimeoutException: Unable to acquire lock on Fqn [/command_image/style_20/root/3/2/2/2] after [10000] milliseconds for requestor [Thread[http-8080-49,5,main]]! Lock held by [null]+"
comes when doing stress test on the cache (100 requests in 10 sec repeted 10 times with JMeter)
The error comes more likely after a while, the first requests use to pass sucessfullly.

The application that uses JBoss Cache used an earlier version (1.4) before I upgraded it so I may have forgotten something in the migration.

I am new in the JBoss Cache's world so I can have forgotten something very obvious.

Thanks for any help.

Nicolas.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]