[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Recommended Indexes?

aaron ehrensberger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 22 10:18:38 EDT 2010

aaron ehrensberger [http://community.jboss.org/people/aehrensberger] created the discussion

"Recommended Indexes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533291#533291

During some recent work with a client, their DBAs suggested that we put the following indexes on the JBPM table...

create index DOCFIN10U1.JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE_N1 on DOCFIN10U1.JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE(VERSION_, KEY_, START_, END_, ISSUSPENDED_, PROCESSDEFINITION_, ROOTTOKEN_, SUPERPROCESSTOKEN_, ID_);

I'm very hesitant to add any indexes to JBPM tables when I would expect it to be optimized out of the box?  Is this not the case?  And does this index raise red flags for anybody else considering that it touches all the different columns in the PROCESSINSTANCE table?

Thoughts?