[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jPDL vs. another process definition language

Rudolf Michael do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 22 11:49:54 EDT 2010

Rudolf Michael [http://community.jboss.org/people/ruds] created the discussion

"jPDL vs. another process definition language"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533322#533322

hello there,
I am an old user in this forum and my inbox is flooded with jBPM messages from this community, but i have never used jPBM to show a proof of concept or even used it for a simple test case.

The good news is that now i am working over a Service Management Designer which will be using jBPM to serve the Business Processes.

One of the guys in our team has come up with a new language definition for the workflows after doing some research over jBPM and jPDL.

my question to you guys is the following:
Do we really need to create a new process definition language to suit some business requirements, can't jPDL encapsulate all the requirements needed for a workflow?
Due to the below workflow, we had to integrate a new tag called Step which i do see it as a transition state while they see it as a sub process sometimes and  this is why the guy suggested having a new process definition language in order to have sub process within a process and being able to fetch it by id same way as we fetch a main process in jPBM.

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2383/Untitled.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2383/450-517/Untitled.png