[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messages Not Always Delivered

Stuart Williamson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 25 07:49:00 EDT 2010

Stuart Williamson [http://community.jboss.org/people/stuartw] created the discussion

"Messages Not Always Delivered"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533938#533938

I am currently experiencing an intermittent problem in an application that I have developed where messages are not always delivered to my MDB. My application is running in JBoss AS 4.2.3 with JBoss Messaging 1.4.4 installed and I am using an Oracle database. I have managed to recreate this problem in a more simple test application running in the same environment.

My simple application behaves as follows:

1. A JSP calls a session bean to put x messages on a queue
2. An MDB consumes each message and creates an entry in the database to signify that it has received the message (EJB3 entity bean)
3. The ID of the database entry created is then put on a second queue
4. An MDB consumes each message from the second queue and updates the relevant database entry to signify that it has received the message

On loading 100 messages onto the queue I generally find that 99 entries have been created in the database and that 98 of those entries have been updated. I.e. 99 messages were consumed by the first MDB and 98 messages were consumed by the second MDB. This is not always the case, sometimes both figures are 100, sometimes both are lower.

Has anyone else experienced a similar poblem or does anyone have any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]