[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How to deploy an uncompressed service?

João Batista do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 30 11:39:27 EDT 2010

João Batista [http://community.jboss.org/people/jbatista] created the discussion

"How to deploy an uncompressed service?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/534681#534681

I'm pretty much a beginner, so I kindly request that you be a little pacient with me.
I've "inherited" a handful of Axis2 web services deployed in a JBoss 5.0.1.GA environment. They work fine, except that a few require accessing media deployed within the WAR and EAR files, which JBoss complains is unaccessible -- unless I explicitly uncompress the file into a directory and rename it to the file's name after deleting the original deployed WAR file. The deployment is done under Eclipse Galileo.
Although this is a minor nuisance (opening up a console, uncompressing the WAR/EAR file contents, removing the original EAR/WAR file, renaming the directory to the original file's name), I can't help but think that there must an easier way that I completely missed. What are your experiences/suggestions on this regard?
Thank you in advance for your support.